How to Make Delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip
Delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip
My secret is finally out. I have been told I make really great spinach artichoke dip. I am constantly asked the recipe and have been very hesitant to share the recipe, since I didn’t really follow a recipe when I would make it. Enough of me hording the Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe, its time for me to share. I have tried my best to identify the measurements of each of the ingredients I use. Of course try it this way and then make adjustments based on your taste buds. Please share with me what those adjustments are, I would love to see everyone’s creativity.
READY IN: 30 mins
YIELD: 4 1/2 cups
What you will need
2 cups Parmesan cheese
1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2⁄3 cup sour cream
1 cup cream cheese
1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons garlic, minced or 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix together the parmesan cheese, spinach, and artichoke hearts.
Combine remaining ingredients (sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic(crushed) and mix with spinach mixture.
Bake for 20-40 minutes. (stir as needed)
Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
- I use the frozen spinach that is in a box. This is the perfect amount of spinach. I let it defrost between 12-24 hours. When I am ready to mix, I drain the spinach. I will even squeeze the spinach to ensure it is well drained.
- I sometimes put more then 14 ounces of artichoke hearts. I get the artichoke hearts that is marinated.
- I chop the artichoke heart up at least the size of a dime.
- I sometimes put more then 2 cups of Parmesan cheese in to the mix. I use an estimated 2 bags if I buy the regular size cheese bags from the store.
- I let the cream cheese come to room temperature before using it. It makes the mix easier to stir/mix once everything is combined.
- Sometime the artichoke dip takes longer to warm in the over. I usually set the timer for 20 minutes, 10 minute and 10 minutes and then stir in between each time. It does not always take 40 minutes to warm up.
- Bake it to the temperature you prefer.
- If it cools, simply re-heart it either via the over or microwave.
- This spinach artichoke dip is very good in stuffed bell peppers. I will cut the pepper
in to either half, thirds or fourths depending on the size of the pepper. The artichoke dip would have already been heated in the oven so it is well mixed. I will put the artichoke dip in the bell pepper, wrap it in foil and let it warm up even more on the grill (15-30 minutes) depending on your preference of cooked bell peppers.
- I have also put the spinach artichoke dip on top of burgers.
No matter how you eat your Spinach Artichoke Dip, it will be delicious. Everyone who I have made this for has loved it.
I hope you enjoy it!
Let me know your creative way to eat the artichoke dip.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.